Sources told TOI, that the organisers informed the Indian management that Saina and Prannoy are cleared and their matches will be held on Wednesday.
Earlier, on Tuesday these three players were withdrawn from the tournament after Saina and Prannoy tested positive and Kashyap being the first contact of Saina. These three players contracted the virus last month during their friend and international shuttler RMV Gurusaidutt’s wedding.
They served the quarantine period and on arrival in Bangkok they tested negative in two tests. But in the third round of testing, the rest of which was announced on Tuesday, Saina and Prannoy tested positive while Kashyap was negative. All three were barred from competing in the tournament.
But by evening it was learnt that a high level Thai medical committee examined their report and gave a green signal to them. “When you contract the virus and later test negative, the dead protein of the virus will remain in the body and that’s why you may test positive though the virus is dead. The same happened in Saina and Prannoy case. Thankfully, they were cleared without much damage. We are yet to get the details but were told that they would be allowed to play,” said a source in the Indian team.