The catering arm of the national transporter- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will resume its e-catering services from 1 February 2021. According to the Railway Ministry, the resumption of e-catering services of IRCTC will allow passengers to book fresh meals during their train journeys. Passengers, while traveling, can order food through the IRCTC ‘Food on Track’ mobile application. The IRCTC ‘Food on Track’ app is available on Google Play for Android smartphone users and on the App Store for Apple users. Passengers can install the app and use it to place orders.
With the system of online food delivery on the train, passengers can get food delivered to their seats. They can choose from a revamped railway food menu. The menu has plenty of options such as north Indian, south Indian cuisines, pizzas, etc., with multiple food aggregators on the train stations. IRCTC has partnered with restaurants such as Domino’s, Zoop, Nirula’s, Yatri, etc for the e-catering service.
Here’s how to book meals through the IRCTC e-catering ‘Food On Track’ app or on the website:
- Passengers with a railway ticket can enter their PNR on www.ecatering.irctc.co.in
- The list of stations will appear in the drop down menu.
- If the train name or station is searched, the app will ask for the PNR number for verification purposes before confirming the order.
- After selecting the railway station at which the order is to be delivered, the vendor menu will open along with the prices.
- Users can choose the vendor and select the food items to be booked.
- On placing the order, the passenger has to select the payment method i.e. online payment or through cash on delivery.